1. “DANCE MOUSE” is a dance franchise organisation offering the following dance training and dance forms: Ballet Basics, Modern Basics, Body Conditioning & Pilates techniques, Propriception skills programme and Silk Training for strength, stretch, co-ordination and balance skills as well as dance genre’s such as Modern, Freestyle, Hip Hop, Rock ‘n Roll, Latin American Basics, Break Dancing Basics, Gymnastics basics and Cheerleading. Hip-Tap, Disco & Contemporary. Contemporary and Tap introduced only from Grade 2.
2. “DANCE MOUSE” aims to educate and correctly teach children to protect, strengthen and stretch their bodies from a young age. By utilising the centre of the body (core) for dance and any other activities, injuries are prevented and the dancer is very aware of their own body, its limitations and its strengths, thereby offering a solid foundation of dance & body & special awareness. It allows the child technical training, spatial awareness as well as fun, rhythm, self-confidence and exercise. Children should want to dance for fun (whether talented or not) and have the freedom to do so.
3. “DANCE MOUSE” aims to encourage children to enjoy dance expression and to increase the passion, love and standard of dance in S.A. By joining “DANCE MOUSE” the young dancer is exposed to numerous dance genres they would not normally be exposed to, giving them a wider platform for expression and development. Once young dancers have had this foundation they are free to decide what dance form they wish to continue in.
4. The “DANCE MOUSE” syllabus is for children from Grade 000-Grade 7. This enables dancers to choose what form of dance they wish to pursue as it provides excellent grounding in most dance forms.
5. Parents will be kept informed via a “DANCE MOUSE” pamphlet, about the aims and achievements for each term! Participation in an assessment is done at the end of each year and dancers receive a certificate, report and a zip-tag (medal) in recognition of their effort.
6. The teachers and franchisee owners have received excellent training in order to teach the “DANCE MOUSE” syllabus. Teachers must perform an examination and a course annually to improve their knowledge, keep the standard high and for upgrading of the syllabus.
7. “DANCE MOUSE” will also be offering a comprehensive range of branded products (ie a hip hop top/shorts/bag & bottle part of the enrolment fee) which will encourage children to dance and have a good time. “DANCE MOUSE” has been well received by both the public and teachers who have recognised its potential as a wonderful business opportunity and benefit for our children!
For more information, please phone 082 859-7352 / 0861 DMOUSE
Visit DanceDirectory regularly for the latest dance news and information on dance events and achievements worldwide.
DanceDirectory is the first and largest dance related internet directory in Southern Africa.